Monday, May 13, 2013

Nuvigil..not so much

So last week I broke down and called my neuo for a script for something to help with my extreme fatigue. He sent me some samples of Nuvigil. I guess it is a commenly perscribed med for people with MS who have fatigue issues.

So today was my first go round with taking the med....and .....nothing! I still felt tired and exhaused all day! So now what? Wel I guess I will continue to take it this week to see if today was a fluke and then call back for another solution.  Sigh.....

On a brighter note I had a great talk with a girl at work who also has MS. I feel so relieved that I have someone I know who I am able to bounce things off of. I was initially asking her about fatigue and this med to see if she had any solutions. 

It's very had to find support. I don't mean support in terms of websites or the MS society etc. I mean finding someone who can relate and who you can learn from. Like one of my questions today was "how do you know when you are having a relapse". Seriously, how do you know? That is something I have yet to figure out. Am I having on now because I am so tired? I dont know! There is so much to figure out. Other blogs and websites do help, but sometimes you feel so isolated as if no one understands, and I guess how can they if they don't have MS or know much about it.

One thing I have really been missing is my family. I live really far away from any family support, short of weekly phone calls. And when I speak to my family I certainly don't want to blabber on about my illness. There is more to life to talk about. But I do miss the ability to pop over to moms or stop by my brothers. Sometimes you just need your mom! Maybe a vacation home is in order, however I am positive I would never make the long drive these days in fear of falling asleep or not being alert as I should be. Nuvigil can kick in any time now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment