Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Nuvigil #2 and other news

Ok so this med is not working for me! Sigh... So they are upping the dose to see if that will make a difference...so to be continued.....

So since my diagnosis I started following some different blogs as well reading others personal perspective of their own trials on MS groups. Reading these gave me the idea to do this blog for myself.  I have to say it helps. It is the diary I know I would never do using pen and paper! How sad is it that picking up a pen and paper is now outdated and too much effort lol. Anyway, a few good points I have read recently that certainly apply to me and some random thoughts:

1. I am so aware of my body that I get on my own nerves..seriously. Every tingle, increasing fatigue, vision blip causes me to be concerned if it is something to worry about or if it is just normal, a fluke. It is very frusturating to live this way but there seems no way around it.

2. I dislike the office staff at my neurologists! But I love my Dr! So I am staying, but geeze you would think they would be kind and have comapssion considering what their patients are going through. The PA actually said to me "whats up" when I called to tell her about the med that is not working! Really- "whats up"! I'll tell you whats up, I have MS and am trying to manage my symptoms and need your help thats whats up! If she could only walk a day in my shoes where I feel like I have to peel my eyelids open to remain upright. So that's "whats up" lady. I could go on but I will spare you...

3. Cognitive issues are a problem! Right now I can not remember what my #3 was actually going to be, but I know it was a good one! It will come to me... maybe

4.  I hate that my nail polish chips the day after I paint my nails....just threw that in there because it really bothers me...

5. Social support from other is so important! I am still working on this one. Planning a possible trip to see my family which will help me a lot!

6.  The shots are getting to me. The skin reactions are painful and irritating! When will that end.....um never! Unless I am lucky enough to go on an oral med someday.

7.  I am glad I have been diagnosed, but pissed that I could have been on treatment 15 years ago! What were those doctors thinking? The older you are when you are diagnosed the more progressed your disease. Yeah me!

So hopefully if anyone else is reading this they can relate to some of it. At the very least it helps me to write it down! I have a lot to be thankful for and a lot to still figure out an learn. One day at a time people, one day at a time!



No comments:

Post a Comment