Thursday, May 9, 2013

Fatigue

Ok so let me explain, MS fatigue is not the same as being tired from not getting enough sleep. Today was a struggle let me tell you! I finally broke down and called my dr. for a script for medication to assist with the extreme fatigue. I hate the thought of taking another medication, but weighing that against a losing battle of complete exhaustion I have no other choice.

It's funny because my dr. has mentioned in the past how important it is to stay active and get enough exercise. I love to walk on my trail, but right now I can hardly walk down the hall, lol. So yes Dr., exercise sounds great, but I am so exhausted I can barely stand upright!

I was speaking to a friend of mine today and she was very smpathetic to my struggle. She likened my fatigue to that of having a newborn where you are so delierious with fatigue you don't know if you are coming and going. Now I have never experienced having children but that does seem like  a good comaprison. I am delieriously exhaused so therfore my balance is off, I can't think straight and at times I just feel like crying because I am beside myself. So yes that is how I have seen many of my friends who have newborns! It may be very similar. Maybe I should carry a baby doll around with me to make me feel like I am tired for a reason! lol

The interesting thing is I am now learning from my body when I am going to have days like these because I wake up like this. I wake up exhausted not just tired and its hard to move and think. So these are the days when hopefully this medication will help to give me a boost!

The days are longer, the sun is shining, my sandels are ready to be worn and I just want to have some spunk! I guess it always could be worse! Now time to rest up!

No comments:

Post a Comment