Wednesday, May 8, 2013

It's Wednesday...Where have I been!

Well, I have actually been busy! This past weekend was beautiful and I made it a point to enjoy it! A long walk on Saturday followed by a fundraiser for the March of Dimes where I got to see some dear friends. Then Sunday was dog day! Took all 3 girls to the dog park for a run and some socialization. That is always a sight and an adventure. Monsters!

By Monday I was exhausted, Tuesday had a hair appt and today I am relaxing.

I know all of this is so facinating! lol. But I actually feel pretty "normal". The fatigue is always right on the surface of everthing I do which is a bummer. I am always concerned that increasing fatigue is a sign of a flare up. We will see.

One of my favorite things is to take long walks on a trail by my home. It is about 4 miles I would say and takes me about an hour and fifteen minutes to finish. I did go out Saturday while it was still pretty cool in the day. On the way back, probably 15 minutes left, I noticed my inner thighs were going numb! I have never experienced this before. But I refused to sit down and take a break I pushed through and with some rest it went away. I am not sure if that was the smartest thing but it was definitly a result of my being so stubborn!

On Sunday I noticed that the heat of the day was too much. Now taking the three girls out is no small feat! But it was hot and I did not have the energy to walk them after we let them play for about a half hour in the park. Bummer.

All of this just means that  need to budget my energy better and be more aware of what my body is telling me. This is all a learning process. That is the upsetting part of this disease, you have to budget your energy! yuck!  But again I am very fortunate that I am still able to do what I want! I remind myself daily that things could be much worse, so what that I am tired more!

My neuro suggested some medication to assist with the fatigue. I am holding off for now but I am not sure how much longer. I am contemplating trying it to see if it make a difference. As with any medication there are side effects- this one being insomina! Gee from one extreme to the next!

Tonight I am looking forward to watching some TV and spending time with my family! Night all.....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment