Wednesday, April 17, 2013

New to Blogging. New to MS

So I am attempting to do this blog thing! I can say that I am not the most computer literate person in the world so this is a little hard to figure out how this all actully works! Yesterday I posted a little blurb just to see if it worked. So today I will say a bit more.

Today was my second shot of Rebif 44mcg. I have tolerated the 8mg and 22mcg quite well and so far so good with the 44mcg. Some site reactions, a slight headache but NO flu like symptoms! That was my biggest fear. So I feel I am well on my way to getting this injection thing down and being ok with it.

I don't know if I will every be "ok" with being diagnosed with an incurable disease but I am managing. I fear the future but I also hold closely that you do not know what tomorrow brings so try and live for today! That I know for sure more than ever. But all you MSers will know that with the extreme fatigue it is difficult at times to do everything you want or think you should. By the end of my work day I am wiped out! I take it day by day and often times push myself too much which makes me not as useful at home. Luckly I have a great fiance who helps out a lot and has ben very understanding. I know I am lucky.

Few people know about this dianosis of mine. Family does of course and a few close friends who I have daily contact with. My work knows as I couldn't really hide it as they were the ones who diagnosed me (I work for Ophthalmologists). They all have been greatly supportive and kind and again, I know I am so lucky.  I do not feel the need to hide my diagnosis, but I am careful to who I tell only because once you do you can never take it back!

I am still looking for support but I have only been dianosed for 2 months so hopefully this blog will bring some of that to me. I have been following a few other blogs and I hope to bring some humor, insight, teaching, and tell you what it really is like to be me and have this new journey to face.

Be well all!

No comments:

Post a Comment