Monday, April 22, 2013

MS Is Eveywhere Now....

Since my diagnosis in February 2013 MS is showing up eveywhere.
let me explain...

Before my diagnosis I was aware of this disease. It has been mentioned to me several times over the past 10 years by my MD's but somehow the diagnosis evaded me, right or wrong. But now that I am "official" I can't get away from seeing and hearing about it everywhere without looking for it. Example: we all just learned about the passing of Annette Funicello (spelling?), so that grabbed my attention as I watched over and over of her decline. I became glued to the TV watching and contimplating if that would be my fate one day. Will I be unrecignizabe in a wheelchair someday? God I hope not! Then there was the week in March that is National MS week. So on with the week long info sessions on that. But I am glad to have a time of year when MS is celebrated with charity events etc. Then today I am watcing Dr. Oz and out of the blue they are talking about some random diet and the one woman stated she is on this diet because of her diagnosis of MS! What?! MS is everywhere.

My point is, isn't it funny when something like this happens to you that you see it everywhere, where as before you would have never noticed. It is just another reminder that I have MS and I will forever notice every mention of it. Has this happened to any of you, whether you have MS or some other thing that makes you more aware and you see it everywhere?

On another note, I spent half the day at the PCP getting my antibiotic, inhaler, and cough syrup for my inherited bronchitis. Please know that my co-worker is now feeling much better! lol! I am a bit bitter about this, I must get over it! I actually threatend to cough on her today as we were joking about it...little did she know I s not kidding! Again, I need to get over this! lol

So I am trying to rest and get better. I go and see my neurologist tomorrow and have some quetions for him now that I have been able to process this new diagnosis. Then I also have the home health RN's second visit tomorrow. I guess just to check in that I am doing ok with my injections. For the most part I am. But let me just tell you the 44mcg dose burns like hell! I need to discuss this with her as injecting my legs is almost unbearale! We shall see what she says. What was once something I didn't mind doing has not become something dreaded because I know it is going to hurt like hell. This makes it difficult when you know you have to do this for the rest of your life!

Anyway, I hope all who reads this blog is well and is enjoying this nice weather! I hope to be feeling better soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment