Friday, April 19, 2013

If Your Sick....Stay HOME!

Ok, so besides having MS I am a healthy person. I am a normal weight, I eat healthy, I exercise (sometimes), and I take vitamins. Overall I can say that I do not reguraly even get a yearly cold. And yes I am proud of that!

So guess what? Last night started the scratchy throat....and then today it was worse. And I have that overall "getting a cold" feeling.

So how did this happen to me you may ask? Well, my theory is that on Monday a co-worker of mine came to work deathly ill. I mentioned that she should go to the MD she was so bad, and she did. Tuesday she stayed home but otherwise has been coughing in the office all week. And like everyone else touching door handles, using the phone, breathing the same air..etc.

So here is my advice to everyone- stay home if you are sick. Stay home if you are contagious, stay home if you cannot speak one sentance without coughing. If the MD gives you a diagnosis and and antibiotic- stay home!  And think about everyone else! The company will not colapse if you are not there for 2-3 days! In fact it will be even better because the rest of us will not be calling off later because we are now sick.

Ok, done rantig, because I HATE being sick. I mean no one really likes it but I REALLY hate it. And of course I now have the fear of what a cold (or bronchitis, like she had) will do to cause any type of MS flare up. Does illness pre-dispose you to have a flare up more so them when you are healthy? I don't know. I will be googling that later tonight.

Oh and tonight is a shot night so hopefully that will no depress my immune system even more and cause any "flu like symptons" that are likely. I have been lucky enough to not have those as a side effect. I guess this post has more to do with my fear of what a cold will do to my MS as opposed to suffering through a cold.

So Please if you are sick- stay home, get well, and think of others. I am goin to go google now!

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment